Who we are?
At Vantage, we take precision agriculture products from trusted brands like Trimble and combine them to create solutions for every day farming activities. These solutions benefit growers by improving efficiency and reducing operator fatigue in addition to optimizing resources like fuel, seed, fertilizer, and water. Whether it’s precision planting, variable rate irrigation, or harvest yield monitoring; we have a solution for improving efficiency on your operation.
A Vantage Distributor’s Precision Ag Technician provides hands-on support for Precision Agriculture Systems and Agriculture Information Management portfolios. This position requires a minimum of three years’ field experience and technical knowledge of Precision Agriculture Systems products.
Precision Ag Support Specialists are responsible for training, installation, supporting the customer, providing phone, email and/or on-site support. This team will also help back-up the data preparation/services coordinator as required so a background in agronomy, software engineering, and/or agriculture management is ideal.
In this role, you will...
• Serves as the internal and external technical specialist for all precision farming products;
• Implements the adoption of new technology and product offerings;
• Chasing sales leads from other members of the company;
• Working closely with territory managers and management;
• Perform basic diagnostics, service repairs, and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment and technology hardware;
• Work directly with farming customers in order to communicate repairs made, share available products and services to meet their needs, and provide instruction on agriculture equipment and technology;
• Ability to read and interpret schematics, blueprints, diagrams, and operations manuals;
• Maintain company vehicle, tools, equipment, and SOP’s;
• Complete quotes, service reports, order parts, and maintain clear customer records;
• Assist customers and provide elite customer service at all times;
• Attends applicable training events/seminars;
• Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments;
• Maintains current knowledge of Trimble and competitive products.
As an acknowledged authority within Vantage, this Precision Ag Support Specialist has knowledge and understanding of solutions, industry best practices, and technology designs across multiple product families. The Precision Ag Support Specialist has the following skills and experience:
● Experience with precision agriculture hardware and software;
● Minimum 2 year technical degree or 3-5 years technical support experience
● 5 or more years of experience servicing agricultural equipment and sales experience in the industry;
● Ability to work flexible hours during peak seasons and lift 25 lbs. and perform physical duties of job;
● Ability to use service related technology and basic computer functions;
● Valid driver’s license is required, clean driving record and background check;
● Ability to work on a team;
● Problem solving skills;
● Computer use competency in Microsoft products;
● Trimble product knowledge a plus;
● Customer service skills;
● Travel required throughout territory.
Why choose Vantage?Vantage offers a competitive compensation package, Flexible health and dental benefits, and more. With us, you will have unbeatable career potential in an industry-leading organization consistently expanding its horizons through ongoing acquisitions of businesses and new products.We are unique, innovative, and always deliver to our customers, so it only stands to reason that we want unique, innovative, and service-oriented individuals on our team – that’s where you come in. If you identify with the opportunities and challenges of this role and want to discuss what you bring to the table, apply today and pursue excellence with Vantage, your way.Vantage is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of its employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.